The blood donation process starts from the time donor arrives till he/she leaves which usually takes around an hour. Actual donation itself takes only 5 to 10 minutes at an average.
We have ultra modern sophisticated recliners for the utmost comfort of donors. The donor room is well equipped with air conditioners and music system with an attached refreshment cubicle for rest and relaxation of the donors. Blood donors are attended by our team of Counsellors and doctors who accompany them throughout the procedure.
- We will sign you in and go over basic eligibility criterias
- You will read some information about donating blood
- You will answer a few questions about health history during a private and confidential interview
- We will check your temperature , pulse, blood pressure and haemoglobin level
- During the process you will be seated comfortably or lying down
- We will clean an area on your arm and insert a new sterile needle to draw the blood
- Once the donation is complete we will place the bandage on your arm
- After donation you will have snacks
- You will leave after 10 to 15 minutes and continue your normal routine with some post donation advice from us